It’s the start of a new decade. The long wish list of home improvement projects may seem daunting, and lack of time and money can prevent us from taking that first step. We’ve compiled a list of available local utility resources and incentives to help kick-start making your home more efficient.
Featuring: California Investor-Owned Utilities (IOUs)
Liberty Utilities (a.k.a. CalPeco)
- No cost, easy to use water saving device kit available per service address every 3 years.
- One efficient hose nozzle
- One soil moisture meter
- One 5-minute shower timer
- Two bathroom faucet aerators (1.0 gallons per minute)
- One kitchen faucet aerator (1.5 gallons per minute)
- Toilet leak detection tablets
- Hot water recirculating pump rebate – up to $100
- Remove turf and replace with California native drought resistant plants – up to $2 per square foot
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
- Free Home Energy Check Up – learn how much energy is being used in your home, and personalized recommendations for improvements that can help save energy and costs.
- Energy Star Smart Thermostat – $50 rebate per household
- Energy Star High-Efficiency Electric Heat Pump Storage Water Heater – $300 rebate per unit
- Multi-Family Cooling Optimizer Program – no cost assessment, and BPM fan motor upgrade to save on cooling costs
San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E)
- Smart Thermostat Rebate – $75 product rebate
- AC Summer Saver – receive up to $108 in annual bill credit for each A/C unit
- AC Saver Thermostat Program – receive $50 cash back per thermostat. Up to 2 thermostats.
- Electric Heat Pump Water Heater – $250 product rebate
- Home Upgrade Program – up to $5500 in rebates towards home energy audit, air sealing, duct sealing, HVAC upgrades, and lighting.
- Mobile Home Program – receive energy efficient upgrades for no to little cost. Upgrades include:
- Smart Programmable Thermostats
- Low Flow Showerheads
- Faucet Aerators
- Natural Gas Furnace Upgrades
- Tankless Water Heaters
- LED Lighting for Common Areas
Southern California Edison (SCE)
- Home Energy Advisor – fill out a survey to get custom recommendations for your home
- Demand Response Smart Energy – Get a $75 bill credit for enrolling with your smart thermostat, and up to $40 in bill credit for participating over the summer season.
- Summer Discount Plan – Earn up to $140 in bill credit. Flexible options let you choose your level of comfort and savings, and there’s no cost to enroll or participate in the program.
We hope this list helps with your next project. Please keep us updated on which tips you used for your home! Also, if there is a benefit you know of that is not listed here, please let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.